From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 6 slices of bread, with or without crusts. Slightly stale or new bread is acceptable.
- 30g (2tbs) butter, melted
- 80g (1/2c) raisins (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 150g (3/4c) sugar
- 475mL (2c) milk
- 2g (1tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5mL (1tsp) vanilla extract
- 20cm (8in) square baking pan, or large oven-safe bowl.
- Mixing bowl.
175C (350F) for 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 175C (350F).
- Rip bread into small pieces. Cutting into cubes is also okay. Place into baking dish. Mix in raisins while filling the dish.
- Pour melted butter over the bread.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs slightly. Add the sugar, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix.
- Pour mixture over the bread. Press the bread lightly to help it absorb the mixture, if necessary. All the bread should be wet.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Serve cold, though warm may also be acceptable. Use a spoon, or cut into squares, to serve.