From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 750 g banana (slightly unripe)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala or good curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- half a glass of milk
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- ½ teaspoon red pepper (chili)
- 30 g butter
- some salt
- Cut banana in 2 cm slices.
- Add to bananas: milk, cream, garam masala (or curry) powder, chili, lemon (add some salt).
- Melt butter, add cumin seeds and turmeric, cook at medium low for a couple of minutes, until a fragrant smell develops.
- Add bananas and their sauce.
- Cook on a gentle flame until ready (depends on banana's ripeness) — do not overcook.
Makes 4 servings.