Cookbook:Ambrosia Fruit Salad
|Ambrosia Fruit Salad|
|Time||prep: 5 minute
chilling: 60 minute
Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a sweet mixture of mandarin oranges, fruit cocktail, coconut, and marshmallows coated in whipped cream.
'Ambrosia' originated in the 1900's and had a period of popularity in the U.S.
It is widely considered to be a traditional dish, suitable for family gatherings.
Below is one interpretation.
- 5 grapes
- 2 (11 oz) cans mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped cream or cool whip
- 1 16oz container sour cream
- 1 jar maraschino cherries, drained
- Mix the mandarin oranges and grapes, fruit cocktail, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Fold in the whipped cream and marshmallows.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Stir again before serving.