Cookbook:Acorn Crusted Salmon
Acorn Crusted Salmon
You can use any type of salmon for this dish. Typical seasons are June/July for Sockeye Salmon, July-November for Coho Salmon, and August/September for Chinook Salmon.
- Two salmon fillets
- One and a half cups of shelled acorns
- Two egg whites
- Use a food processor, blender or other method (meat tenderizer, etc.) to pulverize the acorns into crumbs, place them on a plate
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl, using only the egg white
- Completely coat each fillet in egg white
- Move the fillets to the plate of acorn crumbs, coat each fillet completely
- Place on a slightly greased or non-stick baking sheet and bake in the oven at 425 for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fish is flaky when pulled apart with a fork
Serves 2: Serve over brown rice and add steamed vegetables to complete the plate. Enjoy!