From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Time||prep: 20 minutes
baking: 60 minutes
A traditional American recipe for a 1-2-3-4 cake, a simple form of yellow cake.
- 1 cup (240 mL) butter
- 1 cup (240 mL) milk
- 2 cups (480 mL) sugar
- 3 cups (720 mL) flour
- 3 teaspoons (15 mL) baking powder,
- 3 pinches salt
- 4 eggs
Procedure (brief) 
- Preheat oven to 175 °C (350 °F)
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Gradually sift in the dry ingredients, alternating with small additions of the milk.
- Transfer to a greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake at 175 °C (350 °F), until a skewer inserted shows no moist crumbs.
Procedure (detailed) 
You will need these things:
2. Cream the butter and sugar together.