||This article is in need of attention from an expert on the subject.
Please help recruit one, or improve this page yourself if you can. See the talk page for more details.
Bulgarian is an Indo-European language, a member of the Southern branch of the Slavic languages. Bulgarian is spoken by approximately 10 million people in 70 countries around the world. The Bulgarian language is the official language of the Republic of Bulgaria. Bulgarian became an official language of the European Union in 2007 when Bulgaria joined the EU. The code for the Bulgarian language and Bulgaria is BG. This book is an attempt to provide some useful words, expressions and other information from different fields to facilitate the learning of the Bulgarian language. Please see also the Bulgarian language article in Wikipedia that provides a lot of additional useful information such as the alphabet, grammar, tenses, genders, cases, and so forth. Take a peek at the Bulgarian Wikipedia for advanced level information.
|South Slavonic languages|
|Eastern group||Bulgarian | Macedonian | Old Church Slavonic|
|Western group||Bosnian | Croatian | Serbian | Slovenian|
Other sister projects
- Bulgarian language article in Wikipedia
- Bulgarian Wikipedia
- Bulgarian phrasebook on Wikivoyage
- Bulgarian Wiktionary - multilingual dictionary
- Bulgarian Wikiquote - quotes in Bulgarian
- Bulgarian Wikinews - news in Bulgarian
- Bulgarian Wikimedia Commons
- PDF Bulgarian Language [Katina Bontcheva - by ivaylo]
- SA Dictionary Online - probably the best Bulgarian-English-Bulgarian dictionary on the web
- English, Bulgarian bidirectional dictionary
- Bulgarian Dictionary (Bulgarian-Bulgarian, but it can conjugate verbs for you)
- Bulgarian for Beginners, UniLang