Biblical Studies/Christianity/Eschatology/The Christian Hope/Bible quotes about the Christian Hope
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
From The New Testament -
- Chapter of "Hope" (Romans 8: 10-28) (Modernity Version)
- 10 Even though your body must die because of sin, if Christ is in you, your spirit has Life because of righteousness.
- 11 And if the Holy Spirit is in you, He who raised up Christ from the dead will add to your mortal existence such abundant Life as comes with the indwelling of His Spirit.
- 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are under no obligation to live a life ruled by our baser instincts.
- 13 For if you follow that path, death is near; but under the powerful sway of the Spirit, when you put those inclinations aside, you will live.
- 14 For all who are led by the Holy Spirit are children of God.
- 15 You have not entered a state of bondage again as a slave to fear. But you are conscious of being among the children of adoption, and by this we cry out, "Abba! Father!"
- 16 The Holy Spirit, attune to the spirit within us, bears witness to the fact that we are children of God;
- 17 and if children, then heirs also−heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ; if indeed we share in Christ's sufferings, we too may share in His glory.
- 18 What we suffer now I count as nothing in comparison with the glory which is soon to be revealed in us.
- 19 The world is waiting to see the manifestation of the children of God.
- 20 Creation itself seems futile (not of its own choice, but by the will of Him who made it so).
- 21 Yet with hope that in the end all Creation would be set free from the effects of death and decay to enjoy the liberty that will come to the children of God in their ultimate glory.
- 22 For we know that the whole of Creation groans together in the pains of childbirth even to this very hour.
- 23 And more than that, we ourselves, though we possess the Holy Spirit as a foretaste of bliss, do inwardly sigh, while we wait for full vestment as concerns the disposition of our bodies.
- 24 In hope we have been saved. For an object of hope is such no longer when it is seen; a person does not hope for what he or she already sees.
- 25 But if we hope for something which we do not see, then we wait patiently for it.
- 26 In the same way the Holy Spirit also helps us in our weakness; for we do not know what prayers to offer nor in what way to offer them. Even the pleadings of the Spirit on our behalf are beyond words,
- 27 yet, the Searcher of hearts knows what the Spirit's meaning is regarding the people of God, because spiritual intercession is in God's will.
- 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, yes, to them who are called according to His divine purpose.
- Titus 2 - "Our Blessed Hope"
- 11 For the grace of God has come with saving power to all humankind,
- 12 teaching us to renounce all irreverence and worldly desires, and to live sober, upright, and godly lives in this present age,
- 13 while we wait for the blessed hope−the appearing in glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ;
- 14 who gave Himself for us to rescue us from any harmful activity and purify for Himself a people that are zealous for good works.