Automobile Repair/Nissan/Maxima (4th Generation)/Changing the fuel filter
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- First remove fuel pump fuse, this located in the dash board fusebox. Its a blue 15A fuse all the way on the right side a little over half way down.
- Now start the engine and wait for it to stall, once it stalls turn it over a few more times to get all the pressure out of the fuel lines.
- Now find the fuel filter, its in the very back of the engine compartment behind the intake.
- The fuel filter has two hoses, one coming in the bottom from the fuel pump the and the other coming out the top. There are clamps on each hose, loosen them with the Phillips-head screw diver and pull them away from the filter.
- Now pull the hoses off of the filter and try to soak up any fuel remaining in the line with a towel.
- Attach each line to the new filter and push the clamps back over the hoses and re-tighten the screws with the Phillips-head screw driver.
- Now just put the fuel pump fuse back in the fuse box.