Applied Science BTEC Nationals/Practical Chemical Analysis/Case studies/Anchem
Anchem Laboratories, Neath
Anchem Laboratories Ltd was established in 1983 to carry out a wide range of testing: asbestos consultancy, noise surveys, occupational hygiene work amongst other environmental and health and safety orientated services.
They are UKAS accredited for many aspects of the consultancy's work to ISO 17025. Anchem hold UKAS accreditation for asbestos surveys to meet the new Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2006. This accreditation meets the internationally recognised Standard ISO 17020. They hold MCERTS for stack emission testing offering an independent service to existing and new customers.
UKAS accredited to ISO 17020 for inspections of buildings for asbestos containing materials to MDHS100. All asbestos inspectors are the minimum of BOHS P402 qualified and highly experienced.
UKAS accredited to ISO 17025 for asbestos material sampling, bulk testing, air sampling, fibre counting and four stage clearance testing to HSG248. All asbestos personnel are qualified to the minimum of BOHS P401, P403 and P404 and are highly experienced.
HSE Licence holders in a Supervisory and Ancillary capacity for work with asbestos.
Participation in external quality control schemes such as RICE for fibre counting and AIMS for bulk analysis.
Senior members of staff are members of the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS)
compliance testing, CEM calibration, abatement efficiency determination, process control improvement etc. and it is with this in mind that we strive to offer a comprehensive analytical service to our clients by offering a wide range of wet chemical, isokinetic and instrumental techniques.
They have MCERTS accreditation for testing the following pollutants/substances:
- Total Particulate Matter
- Dioxins, Furans
- Poly Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH)
- Hydrogen Sulphide
- Speciated Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Total Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- CO and CO2
- NO and NO2 (NOx)
- Hydrogen Chloride
- Hydrogen Fluoride (gaseous phase)
- Amines and Amides
Anchem provides the following occupational hygiene services: -
- COSHH Risk Assessment
- Occupational Exposure Monitoring and Assessment Surveys
- Typical species include dusts, fumes, metals, metalworking fluids and organic vapours etc.
- Workplace Atmosphere Monitoring / Indoor Air Quality / Sick Building Syndrome Assessments
- Workplace Noise Surveys and Exposure Assessments
- Local Exhaust Ventilation Examination and Testing (BOHS P601 qualified staff)
- Hand Arm Vibration Monitoring and Advice
- Environmental Noise Surveys and Assessments
Typical samples submitted for testing include:
- Drinking Waters
- Fly Ash
- Refractory Materials
Anchem utilise a wide variety of analytical techniques including FTIR, GC-FID, UV-VIS, Hydride & Cold Vapour Generation, ISE in addition to standard volumetric & gravimetric analysis.
- Anchem home page.
- Anchem's asbestos standards.
- Anchem's stack emissions page
- Anchem's occupational hygiene services.
- Anchem's laboratory testing services.