Documentation[edit | edit source]
The first place to look in case things go wrong, is the documentation wikibook. The documentation is also included in the docs directory of the Zoph tarball
Some things to check:
- Have you installed all requirements?
- Have you followed the correct installation, configuration and/or upgrade instructions?
Debug & Troubleshooting[edit | edit source]
To enable debugging information, see Debug
Web import[edit | edit source]
One of the parts of Zoph that is more likely to cause problems, is the webimport. This is caused by the fact that the webimport depends more on external factors than most other parts of Zoph. In most cases the problems are caused by wrong settings in php.ini, insufficient permissions on the filesystem or missing requirements. Things to check:
- Check if PHP is displaying it's errors (see above for recommended display_errors and error_reporting configuration).
- If PHP gives an error see Common PHP Errors below.
Autocomplete[edit | edit source]
- Test with a recent version of Firefox, if possible.
- Try opening http://your.zoph.site/zoph/getxmldata.php?object=album in your browser. It should give an output like
<albums> <album> <key>null</key> <title> </title> </album> <album> <key>1</key> <title>Album Root</title> <albums> <album> <key>3</key> <title>Objects Found While Cleaning</title> </album> <album> <key>2</key> <title>Sample Album</title> </album> </albums> </album> </albums>
If you see a PHP error, see Common PHP Errors below.
- Try disabling autocomplete (under preferences) and see if you can use Zoph now.
If you find a browser-related problem (your site works correctly in Firefox, but not in another browser) please report a bug.
Common PHP Errors[edit | edit source]
GD Missing[edit | edit source]
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /var/www/html/zoph photo.inc.php on line 468
You are missing GD support in PHP, Zoph requires GD in order to create mid and thumbnail size images. Check your distribution documentation on how to enable GD. Usually it is a package named something like php-gd.
Allowed memory size exhausted[edit | edit source]
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of <number> bytes exhausted (tried to allocate <number> bytes) in <filename> on line <number>
PHP is refusing Zoph to use the amount of memory it wants to use. Check your php.ini for this line:
memory_limit = 16M
and increase this. Zoph could get quite memory hungry while resizing the images or adding watermarks. A rule of thumb is that you should set the memory limit to at least 6x the number of megapixels your (biggest) camera has. So, if you have a 10 Megapixel camera, you should probably set it to 64M.
Maximum execution time exceeded[edit | edit source]
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of <number> seconds exceeded in <filename> on line <number>
PHP has a limit on the time a PHP script is allowed to run. By default it is set on 30 seconds. Since importing of photos usually takes longer than that, you may get this error when trying to import. Increase the time in php.ini
maximum_execution_time = 120
Since the amount of time Zoph needs to process images is dependent on your webservers CPU speed, load and the size of your photos, a rule of thumb cannot be given. Try increasing the time and/or upload smaller batches of images.
Reporting a bug[edit | edit source]
If you suspect that the problem you have run in to is a bug in Zoph, please create a bug report on http://www.zoph.org/bugs.
Zoph Forum[edit | edit source]
There is a Zoph Forum on http://www.zoph.org/forum. You can post a request for help there, of search to see if anyone has had a similar issue.
Asking for help[edit | edit source]
You can really speed up the resolution time of your problem by including relevant information in your forum post or bug report:
- What were you trying to do?
- Which Zoph version are you running on?
- If the problem started after an upgrade, what was the previous version you were using?
- What OS, PHP version are you running on?
- If it is a browser issue, which browser are you using and have you tried another one?
- Did you see any error messages?
- What have you already tried?
- (Relevant parts of) config.inc.php. remove your passwords!