Welcome to the XSLTForms Wikibook! XSLTForms is an open source client-side implementation of XForms which is a World Wide Web Consortium recommendation for creating web forms and web applications. XSLTForms is developed by Alain Couthures agenceXML at Bordeaux, France.
- Introduction - About this book and overview of the technology.
- Background - A brief history and motivation for the XSLTForms project.
- Benefits - Why use XSLTForms?
- Applications - Who use XSLTForms?
- Installing and Testing - How to install XSLTForms.
- Naming Conventions - Naming standards used throughout this book.
These examples are for people who are just getting started.
- HelloWorld - A simple test to see if XSLTForms is installed correctly.
Altough XSLTForms can be used without any server processing, you can find here information specific to your Web Server Technology:
- Generic HTTP Server - Works for any WebServer.
- ASP.NET - Inserting XForms into Asp.Net WebForms.
- eXist-db - Using XSLTForms with eXist-db
Solution to Common Problems
- Instance Loading - Errors messages related to instances appears when loading a Form
- Form not correctly rendered - Forms not correctly shown in browsers
- Triggers not working - Form is correctly displayed, but submit and trigger buttons don't work
- XForms 1.1
- XForms 1.2
- XSLTForms only Extensions
- Configurations-template file config_LANG.xsl
- New Elements
- New Functions:
- User-Defined Functions
- Arithmetic expressions
- CSS - Styling XForms controls using Cascading Style Sheets.
- Known Restrictions