XForms/Installing XForms in FireFox
To get most of the programs working in this tutorial we recommend using the FireFox 1.5 XForms extension  or the FireFox 2.0 XForms extension. We recommend these options because these programs do not require any modification to W3C compliant XForms examples. Our experience is it usually takes under a minute and you will not need to setup and configure a specialized web server to run the example programs. Just make sure to give the files an .xhtml extension and associate these file with FireFox an not another web browser.
- Click Here to download the FireFox XForms 0.7 extension (164KB)
- Select the button with the label "Install Now for Windows (164KB)"
- Select the "Install Now" button
- Restart FireFox
Firefox 2.0 has a different internal browser engine and needs a different version of the XForms extension. This version is available here:
Note: XForms 0.7.0.1 is intended for Firefox 2.0.x (so Gecko 1.8.1.x browsers like Seamonkey 1.1).
The nightly builds are located at: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla1.8/
Installing FireFox Using Tools Menus
To download this extension:
- From the FireFox select the "Tools" Menu
- From "Tools" select "Extensions"
- This will bring up a list of your current XForms extensions that are running inside of FireFox.
- On the lower right corner of this window you will see a link to "Get More Extensions". Click that and it will direct you to the FireFox extensions page.
- This web page has a search box in the upper right corner. Type in "XForms" in the search box.
- This will display a page that has a button with the label "download the extension now". Just press the button.
- Remember to RESTART FireFox.
Important Note! I have found that FireFox likes the file names to have the .xhtml extension.
Many people also install the web developer extension: Here is the link: