Here are some examples were are still looking for:
Here is list of the example progams we are looking for in rough order of priority (highest priority examples are first)
- Example to format currency - We would like an example that formats based on numeric picture formats such as "$#,###.##".
- Validate Field by Character Set - We would like to validate a field base on a pattern character set. So for example we would like to mark a field invalid if it has special characters such as non-alpha or non-numerics. How do you specify this in a binding rule? Can you bind it to an XML Schema data type?
- Full CRUD Example on dynamic file Demonstrate the full create, read, update delete (CRUD) cycle for some form data selected from a file local file system. The example load the form data from a file (use the upload control) into an instance document and (similar to using the src="" attribute), view the data, edit the data and save the data back to a file using a submit to a file. For doing this on a static file see Read and write with get and put
- Display required elements from Schema - A XML Schema file can tell you exactly what fields are required (if the minOccurs is not zero). Demonstrate how these fields can be automatically be displayed using CSS and the :required pseudo element
- Instance validation - An example based on an external XML schema. Validate an instance using the XML Schema file. Validate
- XMLEvents Demonstrate how XML Events work with event propagation. Show how events bubble up the event responder tree.
- Use industry standard forms (IRS tax forms, ACORD insurance forms etc).
- A XForms example incorporating XML Signing in XHTML preferably with digital filters too.
- Full CRUD Example using any Database Demonstrate the full create, read, update delete (CRUD) cycle for some form data selected from a database. The example load the form data from a database into an instance document and (similar to using the src="" attribute), view the data, edit the data and save the data back to a database using a submit
Non FireFox Examples
FireFox does not have Pseudo_element_support for
See Pseudo element support in FireFox
Are their any other systems that will support this that we can get examples from?
- Get information from an XHTML web page - use the instance src to extract a value from an XHTML file. See Read and write with get and put
- Web Service Examples using REST - Examples of calling a web service using the simplified REST protocol where web service arguments are just passed in a URL. See XForms/Search flickr and XForms/Search Amazon
- Call a web service from a form using the submit command. We would like an example that does not require the students to register to use a web service. See Web service
- XForms/Load from XML Schema - Load an XML Schema and use the data types in the XML Schema to validate data types in a form.
- Facet Validation - We would like to have a family of example programs that validate based on the facets of an XML Schema file but it appears that the FireFox extension does not yet support facet validation (restrictions based on length, minLength, maxLength, etc) so this is somewhat difficult to demonstrate easily in a classroom setting when the students are just running the FireFox browser.
- Set textarea size. Use the CSS to set the area of a textarea size differently of many boxes. See Textarea with style