World History/AP World History Standard
Students are expected to be able to analyze six themes in World History:
- The impact of geography on civilization, such as Egypt's Nile and China's Yangtze River.
- Continuous and accelerated movement of people and ideas around the world; growing interdependence and shrinking of world
- Shift from agrarianism to urbanity; constant desire for progress
- Interaction between government and people
- Dominating focus on race, gender, and culture
- Evolution of religious ideas and customs