Wikimedia/The History of Wikibooks/Notes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Very Early History
- Original VfD that started Wikibooks ... look for Organic Textbook
- Reference to URL of Physics Wikibook. Note the change of the URL to "www.wikibooks.org"
- w:User:Karlwick - Wikibooks founder's page on Wikipedia... and source of considerable early material about start of project.
- meta:User:KarlWick - Karl Wick's page on Meta
- User:Karl Wick - Karl's page here on Wikibooks.
- meta:Science Hypertextbook project Very early predecessor (on an independent wiki!) to Wikibooks. Karl Wick was involved with discussions here and has some other history information.
- w:User:-- April - Another very early contributor to Wikibooks and even had a science textbook that preceded Karl's Organic Chemistry.
- Internet Archive of April's Wiki Later editions of this archive are mainly link spamming as April (and nearly everybody else) stopped maintenance, but the Wiki kept going and was left to vandals.
- w:List of organic chemistry topics - Karl's original Wikibook for Chemistry. Still exists!
- meta:Talk:Wikiversity/Old Very early naming discussion about Wikiversity.
- Announcement establishing the Wikimedia Foundation -- Note date of original post and compare to creation of Wikibooks.
- Original request to start up Wikibooks as a seperate project... including Karl's original e-mail about the topic
- Request for sub-domain by Karl - This contains much of the correspondence he had with Jimbo as evidence of Jimbo's support.
- Google search for "textbook.wikipedia.org", the project's original domain.