- 1 What Countries Did They Live In?
- 2 What did their buildings look like?
- 3 What did they eat?
- 4 What did they wear?
- 5 What did their writing look like?
- 6 What did they believe?
- 7 Are some of them famous even today?
- 8 What is left of them today?
- 9 When did their civilization exist?
- 10 Who did they battle with?
- 11 References
- 12 External Links
What Countries Did They Live In?
The Toltec civilization began in what is now southern Mexico then spread north through the rest of Mexico.
What did their buildings look like?
What did they eat?
What did they wear?
What did their writing look like?
What did they believe?
The Toltec believed in two gods. One was Quetzalcoatl, the “Sovereign Plumed Serpent”. This was the god of learning, culture, philosophy, fertility, holiness, and gentility. The other god is Tezcatlipoca, the “Smoked Mirror”. This god was war-like.
Are some of them famous even today?
What is left of them today?
When did their civilization exist?
Who did they battle with?
The Toltecs were pre-Columbian Native Americans. They took over most of central Mexico between the 10th and 12th century. Toltecs once ruled the Mayans. The Mayans and the Toltecs clashed. They tried to compromise but the Toltecs took over. The Toltecs were later taken over by the Chichimecs in 1200 A.D.
- "The Toltecs". Minnesota State University. http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/latinamerica/meso/cultures/toltec.html.
2 Past Worlds Harper Collins Atlas of Archeology. London:Times Books Ltd. 1988.