|Chess articles stats
Any page meeting one of the following criteria.
- Main page of a chess book - Chess, Chess Opening Theory, Chess Strategy
- d4 or e4
- Corresponding page on Wikipedia with wiki traffic averaging 100 or more hits per day.
- Chess/Sicilian Defence(560), Chess/Ruy Lopez(330), Chess/Queen's Gambit(260), Chess/King's Gambit(170), Chess/French Defence(170), Chess/Open Game(160), Chess/Caro-Kann Defence(135),Chess/English Opening(128), Chess/Queen's Gambit Declined(124), Chess/King's Indian Attack(120), Chess/King's Indian Defence(115)
Any page that isn't 'Top' and meets any of the following criteria.
- Any page listed in hundreds of pages, i.e. anything on Template:ChessOpenings or Template:Chess/Navigation
- Corresponding page on wikipedia with traffic averaging 20 or more hits per day.
- One click away from any top page except 1.d4 and 1.e4.
Any page that isn't 'Top' or 'High' and meets any of the following criteria.
- One click away from any Wikibooks top or high page.
- Two, three or fours clicks away from any opening listed in Wikibooks top page if it's from the main line or most common line in an opening.
- Corresponding page on Wikipedia or clickable move.
- Named opening, variation with a redirect. See Talk:Chess/Index_of_chess_topics
- Other pages.
|A-class||The article is well organized and is essentially complete, having been reviewed by impartial reviewers from WikiChess or elsewhere.||Very useful to readers. A fairly complete treatment of the subject. A non-expert in the subject matter would typically find nothing wanting.|
|B-class||The article is mostly complete and without major issues, but requires some further work to reach A-Class.||No reader should be left wanting, although the content may not be complete enough to satisfy a serious student or researcher.||Chess Opening Theory/1. e4|
|C-class||The article is substantial, but is still missing important content or contains irrelevant material. The article may still have issues and requires a tidy up.||Useful to a casual reader, but would not provide a complete picture for even a moderately detailed study.||Chess Strategy/Mobility|
|Start-class||An article that is developing, but which is quite incomplete.
The article has a usable amount of good content, but it is weak in many areas.
|Provides some meaningful content, but the majority of readers will need more.||Chess Opening Theory/1. e4/1...g6/2. d4|
|Stub-class||A very basic description of the topic.
The article is very short with lots missing.
|Provides very little meaningful content but is a required page that can be developed.||Chess Opening Theory/1. e4/1...c5/2. Nf3/2...Nc6/3. d4/3...cxd4/4. Nxd4/4...g6/5. c4/5...Bg7/6. Be3/6...Nf6|