WebObjects/EOF/Modeling/EOModeler on Windows
Sigurður Anton Ólafsson
If anyone is having a problem with EOModeler on Windows XP, here’s a solution:
I had a problem with EOModeler, it simply wouldn’t start. It’s a part of WebObjects 5.2.4, that is WebObjects 5.2 that had been updated to 5.2.4 The bug came in during the update.
The solution is this:
- after the original installation of WebObjects 5.2, verify that EOModeler works.
- You can also check if you see the following processes running in task manager: nmserver.exe, machd.exe, pbs.exe –these are all necessary for EOModeler to run.
- Right Click My Computer and select Manage
- Select Services
- In the Services Menu, make all Apple Services manual and turn them off.
- Go on with the WebObjects Update to 5.2.4
- Turn the Apple Services back on and make them automatic.
- Restart computer.
- EOModeler should now work.