Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to my user page. For more details, or to get in touch by email, please visit me on Wikipedia or Meta.
About me[edit | edit source]
I loved the main page design as of mid-2009. I am interested in the multilingualism and naming conventions of this project, and hope to get more people to come work on language texts in German and Spanish. As of 2014 I'm on the advisory board of Boundless Learning, which also builds freely licensed textbooks (which should be portable into WB projects).
Interesting projects[edit | edit source]
- Import the awesome Light and Matter book series.
- Import material from CK12 books (single format) from before they switched licenses to CC-NC :/ .
- Import material from Boundless (single format) and Saylor (multi-format, multi-license) books.
- Add cheatsheets and summaries of programming languages, as Oracle Programming/SQL Cheatsheet, ASP Notes, TCL and ADP, ...
- Cleaning up Orphans and the Cookbook; fixing talk page redirects and interwiki deletions
- Upload the Whole Earth Catalog and making it editable. See User:Sj/Whole Earth Catalog for a start. Improving the old content with modern information about the same texts and categories. (free copyright license granted by original publishers, Steward Brand/Kevin Kelly. Copies of 5 volumes donated for scanning.)
- The reading room archives need some cleaning up again... to cull out good project ideas and combine them into a persistent thread/idea-page.
- Outreach: Someone needs to follow up with each of the external authors who have considered publishing on Wikibooks, and those free-content authors who have not. There are many free-content text generators, from ck12 to Ben Crowell, whose books are not represented on WB. If this can't be fixed immediately, there should be a wikiproject discussing reasons and options.
- Similarly: add transcripts of Khan videos from before they switched licenses
- Get professors and universities that are putting CC-BY and CC-SA material online to synch those efforts with Wikibooks (or give us programmatic access, and build scripts to maintain a version here).
- Getting Blogging 101 folks to migrate their wiki here.
- Getting interesting source materials for wikibooks onto wikisource for cross-Project collab.