This page has some instructions about using the version of DPL that is available on Wikibooks.
for an example of how DPL works, see Category:Weed profiles and Category:Garden plants (both of which are subcategories of Category:A Wikimanual of Gardening), and you wanted to have a new page that lists all plants that are often weeds, but sometimes grown in gardens.
The DPL code for this is as follows:
<DynamicPageList> category=Weed profiles category=Garden plants order=descending namespace=0 </DynamicPageList>
There are no pages matching this query.
(open the edit window for this page and you'll see the trick)
Pointers, discoveries[edit | edit source]
- If a page is linked from a DPL page, the DPL page will not appear on the "what links here" special page.
- "order" doesn't seem to work, at least for subpages
Questions[edit | edit source]
- How to make a list appear so that only the subpages are listed, rather than the mainpage?
- Similarly, how can the alphabetical sorting be switched so that it runs off the subpage?
- Can the list be configured to appear in italics or boldface?
- How to make lists that include pages in Category:X or Category:Y" (or better yet in any one of 10 or more categories, etc.)