User:Mbrickn/Strategy Guide Writing/
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Types of Strategy Guides[edit | edit source]
Classic[edit | edit source]
These are the kinds of books restored from 2006 at Wikibooks:
- Game Specific strategy guides - Focusing on a specific game, and by far the most popular. Analogous to a print strategy guide of the 1980's-Present Day.
- Game Series strategy guides - Broadly focusing on a game series. Similar to the Muggles' Guide to Harry Potter, but with strategy guides as an element.
- Game Lore guides - Not actually strategy guides - Far closer to the literature books on Wikibooks than Strategy Guides. Roughly equivalent to the characters and places sections of Muggles' Guide to Harry Potter.
Revival[edit | edit source]
These are the kinds of strategy guides created following the reinstatement of Strategy Guides on Wikibooks.
- Educational - Two varieties, both of which are primarily game specific strategy guides with added content.
- Notes game locations, characters to tie real world educational content when relevant.
- Notes game design decisions both to enhance value as a strategy guide, and to be a tool for game designers.