Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Servings:||ca. 12 oz.|
Cooked mango chutney
- 6 firm under-ripe mangoes, cubed
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbs. garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup onions, finely chopped
- 1½ Tbs. fresh ginger, scraped and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Dissolve the sugar and salt in the vinegar and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add mangoes, raisins and onion and bring to the boil again.
- Reduce the heat to low, simmer for 15 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- Add the garlic, ginger and seasonings and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving.
- Due to the high sugar and acid content, this chutney may be refrigerated safely for 6 months.
- Corom Chatni — Fresh mango chutney with hot chillies
- Am ki Chatni — Fresh mango and coconut chutney