|This user account is a bot that uses pyWikipedia, operated by Hethrir (discuss). It is a legitimate alternative account, used to make repetitive automated or semi-automated edits that would be extremely tedious to do manually.
Administrators: if this bot is malfunctioning or causing harm, please block it.
Feel free to request a task to be added, any repetitive tasks and/or tedious work would be good candidates.
Please notify me on My Talk Page if I make an erroneous change.
These tasks operate by request, you may leave a message on my talk page, you may also request certain bot actions to be done. For clarification, each task may be done separately.
- Dewikify pages, either removing all links on a page, or linking to wikipedia.
- Fix spelling errors.
- Check for dead links to external websites, and leave a message on the talk page.
- Welcome new users.(it can sign someones name for them)
- Move all articles under one category to another.
- Clean the sandbox(s).
- Delete large numbers of pages(with permission, obviously).
- Change one image to another, or completely remove images.
- Looks for images that are linked inline (i.e., they are hosted from an external server and hotlinked.).
- Given an existing or new category, find pages for that category.
- Move pages.
- Fix broken and double redirects.
- Check references to see if they are properly formatted
- Converts external links and notes/references to Footnote3 ref/note format. Rewrites References.
- Change html tables to wiki tables.
- Change one template to another.
- Unlink a page on every page that links to it.
- fix self interwiki: interwiki links to the site itself are displayed like local links, removing their language code prefix.
- standardize page footer: makes sure that categories, stars templates for featured articles and interwiki links are put to the correct position. templates and interwiki links are sorted into the right order.
- clean up links: improves how links are presented by doing the following:
- replaces underlines by spaces, also multiple underlines.
- removes unnecessary leading spaces from a title.
- removes unnecessary trailing spaces from a title.
- converts URL-encoded characters to unicode.
- removes unnecessary initial and final spaces from a label.
- tries to capitalize the first letter of the title.
- clean up section headers: for better readability of section header source code, puts a space between the equal signs and the title; for example: "==Section title==" becomes "== Section title ==" .
- put spaces in lists: for better readability of bullet list and enumeration wiki source code, puts a space between the * or # and the text.
- translate and capitalize namespaces: makes sure that localized namespace names are used. Does not change "image" alias on en-wiki or fr-wiki.
- resolve html entities
- valid xhtml: tries to make a valid XHTML document, for example, replacing "<br>" by "<br />"
- remove useless spaces
- remove non breaking space before percent: newer MediaWiki versions automatically place a non-breaking space in front of a percent sign, so it is no longer required to place it manually.
- fix syntax: correct mediawiki syntax for external links
- fix HTML: translates some HTML-entities into the corresponding mediawiki syntax; remove unneeded <ref /> tag.
- fix style: convert prettytable to wikitable class (de-wiki and en-wiki only).
- fix typo: change ccm with preleading number to cm³; change º to ° if it concerns degree Celsius or Fahrenheit
- hyphenate isbn numbers: tries to hyphenate an ISBN