United States Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/GROUP M – Simple rectangle with star ornaments
Jump to navigation Jump to search
GROUP M – Simple rectangular frank containing stars (Neopost)[edit | edit source]
- Neopost, originally a British company that began manufacturing postage meters in 1924, through a series of mergers and acquisitions became a part of Friden-Alcatel in 1992. The newly merged company was renamed Neopost Group. Neopost entered the U.S. postage meter market in 1998.
- All Group M franks are from mechanical meters. The franks are straight-line rectangles containing an inner frame around the value figures and a panel at left containing Nneopost" reading up. "U.S. POSTAGE" at top, meter number with large "N" prefix at bottom. Small stars fill the top, bottom, and right margins.
- All have single circle town marks.
- Meter models: 4400 and SM58
- All meter numbers have large "N" prefix.
- Group M meters were first used on February 8, 1998.
Type PA1 in 2001 edition
- The frank is wider than tall, 32-33 mm wide by 25-26 mm tall, and contains twelve small stars.
- Meter numbers in the N9500000 series.
- Dates with numerical month and dashes between month, day, and year as: 02-21-98
- V/F (5-bank): ≋0.000 (Range: ≋0.001 to 99.999)
Type PA2 in 2001 edition
- As Type M1.1 but the right-most value bank (tenths of a cent) is smaller and underlined.
- V/F: ≋0.000 (Range: ≋0.001 to 99.999)
Unlisted in 2001 edition
- As Type M1.2 but the left-most value bank (dollar) when in the zero position is zero (0) rather than a wavy line triad (≋).
- V/F: 00.000 (Range: 00.001 to 99.999)
Type PA3 in 2001 edition
- As M1 types but with a smaller frank, 27 mm wide by 24 mm tall, with much smaller inscriptions. It contains fourteen small stars.
- Meter numbers in the N4700000 series.
- Dates with letter months and spaces between month, day, and year, as: JAN 01 '98
- V/F (4-bank): ≋.00≋ (Range: ≋.001 to 9.999)
Type PA4 in 2001 edition
- As Type M2.1 but prints postage values in whole cents only
- Meter numbers in the N4100000 series.
- V/F (4-bank): ≋0.00 (Range: ≋0.01 to 99.99)