Understanding Scientific Terms/Common Prefixes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lesson 3 - Common Prefixes[edit | edit source]
prefixes[edit | edit source]
- end/o- : inside, inner
- ex/o- : from, out of
- ecto- : outside, outer
- epi- : over, upon
- peri- : around
- proto- : before
- pro- : before
- hypo- : below, under, less
- hyper- : above, excessive, more
- ab : from, away from
- ad : toward, to
- micro : small
- macro : big
root[edit | edit source]
- derm : skin
- The skin found on the top of an organism.
- Pertaining to something below the skin.
How would you write the words with these meanings?
- The skin on the inside of an organism.
- Someone who is more active than is normal.