Intro[edit | edit source]
"What?!", I hear you cry, "people actually call this a sport?" Well, yes. Now, the basic rules of Ultimate, are remarkable simple. It is only when you delve a little deeper that things start to get complicated. But all things in good time, and here is the general gist of the game for a total ultimate newbie;
Pitch Diagram[edit | edit source]
The Rules[edit | edit source]
- There are two teams on the pitch at any one time, playing in opposite directions, with one disc.
- 7 players on each team on the pitch at any one time outdoors, 5 indoors.
- You cannot travel bipedally or any other way when holding the disc.
- The disc may be thrown in any direction.
- If the disc is dropped/not caught/intercepted/stalled out (see below) then possession of the disc goes to the other team.
- At either end of the pitch there are the End Zones.
- To score one point you must be in the oppositions' End Zone and catch the disc.
- When each point is scored then the teams swap directions.
- The disc cannot be held for more than 10 seconds at a time outside, 8 inside.
- If the indicated number of seconds is reached without release of the disc, then that is a Stall Out, possession changes.
- All games are self adjudicated, no referees. Disputes must be solved between the players involved.
- If a dispute is not resolved, then that play is reset.