In The diagram above, how many triangles are there?
Count The Triangles (With Labels)
- Label the vertices as shown in the diagram on the right.
- Now list the triangles using the letters at the corners, for example is a triangle. The symbol '' before the is just read as 'triangle'. You should put the symbol before the triangles you list, so your list might start:
- Now, which of the triangles you have listed are congruent to each other?
- Which of the triangles you have listed are similar to each other but are not congruent?
- Do any of the triangles have an obtuse angle (an angle greater than 90 degrees)?