Transportation Systems Simulation - A Tutorial for Multi-Modal Simulation Using VISSIM/Transit: Geometric Network Design
This section continues the interactive using theshoppesdbase model updated in previous sections by adding a transit stop and transit line to the network. The transit stop in this simulation example is a bus stop with alighting (descending) passengers that will enter the simulation. The buses will arrive every 30 minutes and 10 passengers will “alight” into the network.
Place Transit Stop
A stop, platform edge area, and a route from the platform edge need to be created in order to give alighting passengers a landing area and route direction.
- Click on the network object Public Transport Stops.
- Then find the point on the link the transit stop should start (see Figure below).
- Next, CTRL+Right Click and Hold to Drag from the stop start point until the approximate stop end and release. The PT Stops attribute window opens.
- Enter “bus stop” in the Name: text box and ”50” ft for the Length.
- Click the tab Boarding Passengers, Right Click in the blank area, Click Add, and enter “10” in the Volume column.
- Click OK.
Add Platform Edge
Adding a platform edge will automatically create an area adjacent to the transit stop that the alighting passengers will land on.
- Right Click on the transit stop created in the previous section.
- Then, Click Add platform edge right (see Figure below).