From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Here are a few of the questions that the Rabbis raised about this Torah reading:
- Was the land of Israel apportioned according to those who came out of Egypt or according to those who went into the land of Israel?
- Who qualified for sanctuary in a city of refuge?
- What were the procedures for admission to a city of refuge?
- What does the story of Zelophehad’s daughters teach us about the laws of inheritance?
- What were Zelophehad’s daughters like?
- Babylonian Talmud Bava Batra 117a–b.
- Mishnah Makkot 2:1; Babylonian Talmud Makkot 7a–b.
- Mishnah Makkot 2:6; Babylonian Talmud Makkot 9b–11b.
- Mishnah Bava Batra 8:1–8; Tosefta Bava Batra 7:1–18; Babylonian Talmud Bava Batra 108a–39b.
- Babylonian Talmud Bava Batra 119b–20a.