The Computer Revolution/Communication/Netmeetings
Netmeetings[edit | edit source]
- Applications sharing and data conferencing- Unlike most conferencing products, which enable only audio phone calls, NetMeeting allows users to have a much richer experience by sharing information on their PC with the people they are talking to, allowing to connect with multiple users.
- Allows sharing of one's desktop with multiple users with a choice of letting the other users edit it.
- The other users in the conference do not have to have the same application to view it.
- Netmeeting also allows users to share a whiteboard, where they sketch their ideas, as well as live chat with the rest of the conference.
- NetMeeting will change the way people communicate and collaborate on the Internet and corporate intra-nets by expanding the situations in which the PC can be used. Possible scenarios include these:
-Virtual meetings, allowing users to be remote or in different locations and conduct meetings as if everyone were in the same room.
-Document collaboration, allowing users to work together and collaborate on documents or information in real time.
-Customer service, allowing users to communicate directly with customer service from a Web site, or be able to see graphic information as part of a telephone call.
-Telecommuting, allowing users to extend their reach while on the road or other locations beyond file sharing or e-mail, by taking advantage of data conferencing capabilities.
-Distance learning, allowing presentations or information to be presented to numerous people at the same time over the Internet or intra-nets for education purposes.
Key features and benefits[edit | edit source]
- NetMeeting makes it easy to connect and communicate with friends and family over the Internet.
- NetMeeting extends the telephone call to enable rich multimedia communication.
- NetMeeting lets users get the most out of their PC on the Internet.
- Increase in the productivity of end users.
- Reduction of the cost of support on intra-nets.
- Extend conferencing to products, solutions and services.