Teaching Elementary School Health Education/Personal Health and Physical Activity/Skill-Related Fitness
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Skill-related fitness is the capacity to perform well in sports and physical activities.
Fitness skills are skills that can be used in sports and physical activities.
The Six Fitness Skills[edit | edit source]
- Agility - the ability to rapidly change the position of the body.
- Balance - the ability to keep from falling when in a still position or moving.
- Coordination - the ability to use the senses together with body parts during movement.
- Reaction Time - is the time it takes a person to move after hearing, seeing, feeling, or touching a stimulus.
- Speed - the ability to move quickly
- Power - the ability to combine strength and speed.