Teaching Elementary School Health Education/Growth and Development
Growth and Development is the area of health that focuses on keeping body systems healthy, recognizing healthy habits that protect female and male reproductive health, learning about pregnancy and childbirth, learning about the development of and responsible care for infants and children, developing a learning style, achieving the developmental tasks of adolescence, developing habits that promote healthful aging, and sharing with family feelings about dying and death. It also focuses on teaching people important life skills.
What to Teach?
HEALTH GOALS THAT I AM FOCUSING ON:
MORE HEALTH GOALS FOR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Recognizing healthy habits that protect female and male reproductive health
- Learning about pregnancy and childbirth
- Achieving the developmental tasks of adolescence
- Developing habits that promote healthful aging
- Sharing with family feelings about dying and death
- Life Skills