TI 83 Plus Assembly/Data Types
Data types on the TI 83+/84+
There are only 5 data types for the TI 83+/84+, one of them being an emulated one (not supported by hardware, calculated in software).
The data types are:
- uByte 8-bit value in the range of 0 through 255
- sByte 8-bit signed value in the range of -128 through 127
- Word 16-bit value in the range of 0 through 65535
- sWord 16-bit signed value in the range of -32768 through 32767
- TI float, 9 bytes, 1 sign byte, 1 signed exponent, 7 BCD bytes of the mantissa.
sword is a signed word, not a piece of metal, TI floats are not supported by hardware.
Assemblers often use db for a byte (signed or unsigned) and dw for a word (signed or unsigned).
Although TI floats are not supported by hardware, there are a lot of ROM calls for them, most of which can be found in '83psysroutines.pdf' which can be downloaded from TI's site.
Table of Contents: TI 83 Plus Assembly