Stress-related Disorders/Anxiety Reduction
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
The Five Rs of Stress/Anxiety reduction
The five core concepts used in the reduction of anxiety or stress:
- Rcognition of the causes and sources of the threat or distress; education and consciousness raising.
- Relationships identified for support, help, reassurance
- Removal from (or of) the threat or stressor; managing the stimulus.
- Relaxation through techniques such as meditation, massage, breathing exercises, or imagery.
- Re-engagement through managed re-exposure and desensitization.