Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a glossary of the book.
- primary data
- Original data that have been collected specially for the purpose in mind.
- Entire group being considered for data collection, that we want to draw conclusions about. EX: The population of the United States
- Random variable
- A function that associates a specific and unique numerical value with each outcome of an experiment. (EX: X or Y) The outcome is denoted as lower case
- a group of units taken from a larger group (the population). Used to draw conclusions of the larger group. EX: 30 people in a town in the US.
- secondary data
- Data that have been collected for another purpose and where we will use Statistical Method with the Primary Data.
- A measure that is calculated from a sample of data.
- Statistical Independence
- They do not affect each other