Sidux/Useable applications/Sound mixers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) is a sound system for Linux and provides device drivers for sound cards.
- Linux was using OSS (Open Sound System) before and there is new one called PULSE.
- Anyway ALSA is a default sound system for sidux and Debian in this moment.
- For sound devices managing we'll use sound mixers.
- AlsaMixer is console application and it is pre-installed with sidux.
- To run it type in Terminal as an user:
- One of AlsaMixer GUI is "xfce4-mixer".
- Run it from: Menu-> Multimedia-> Mixer.
- It's available from desktop panel too: Mixer Plugin.
- It's next AlsaMixer GUI, to install it type:
apt-get install alsamixergui
- Run it from: Menu-> Multimedia-> Alsamixergui.
- If you'd like to try GNOME AlsaMixer GUI, just install it:
apt-get install gnome-alsamixer
- Run it: Menu-> Multimedia-> GNOME ALSA Mixer.
- ALSA home page: http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Main_Page
- On Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture