Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I am sure that many people write messages and informations down on many different places.
- You can do it too using one of applications displaing informations on a desktop.
- It's a simply application available in "xfce4-goodies" package.
- Run it from: Menu-> Accessories-> Notes.
- Tomboy is a part of GNOME project and it is for creating and organising notes.
- 1. Installation:
apt-get install tomboy
- 2. Run it: Menu-> Accessories-> Tomboy Notes.
- 3. Features:
- a. spell checking
- b. auto-linking of web and email addresses
- c. font styling and sizing
- d. bulleting lists
- e. plug-ins installation
- Tomboy home page: http://projects.gnome.org/tomboy/
- And on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomboy_%28software%29
- Screenlets installation and configuration is here: Desktop add-ons
- 1. Choose the "Notes" applet.
- 2. Place it on the desktop.
- 3. Lock the position if you want.
- 4. Go to: Options and tick: Auto start on login.
- Home page: http://www.screenlets.org/index.php/Home