Scriptapedia/Scheduling the Day
Scheduling the Day
This script is used to create a master plan for the GMB workshop.
Primary nature of group task
Preparation time: 0 minutes
Time required during session: 180 minutes
Follow-up time: 0 minutes
Final schedule of GMB session
- Modeler with moderate to expert skills in SD
- Gatekeeper with knowledge of what the participants might be expecting from the GMB
- The team should aim for a detailed plan that alternates convergent and divergent tasks.
- The tasks are used to elicit variables and model structure as well as incorporate reflection.
- The facilitator, modeler, and gatekeeper discuss the agenda for the GMB session using 15-20 minute time blocks to discuss each activity to be included.
- Some tasks may take more than 15-20 minutes to plan.
- The facilitator, modeler, and gatekeeper revise the agenda after the first version has been completed. The agenda may be revised multiple times.
- A complete and detailed agenda for the GMB session is created. A three to four column planning sheet is a good format for the agenda. It should include:
- Scheduled times for the activities
- The public agenda to be shared with the group
- A detailed agenda for the modeling team
- Notes on the preparation and materials needed for each part of the meeting or session
Richardson and Andersen
Originally described in Luna-Reyes et al. (2006).
Luna-Reyes, L. F., Martinez-Moyano, I. J., Pardo, T. A., Cresswell, A. M., Andersen, D. F., & Richardson, G. P. (2006). Anatomy of a group model-building intervention: Building dynamic theory from case study research. System Dynamics Review, 22(4), 291-320.