This script is used to sift through many possible choices and select those most important to the participant group. For example, there are many times during GMB sessions where it is important to prioritize or reduce the number of items on which the group is working. This might take the form of choosing the top graph over time for inclusion in the model, or picking the stocks that will be incorporated.
Primary nature of group task:
Preparation time: 0 minutes
Time required during session:10 minutes
Follow-up time: 0 minutes
- Three to five adhesive dots per participant, or markers
An array of items to vote on with dots, for example, a set of behavior over time graphs
- Facilitator to introduce the exercise
- The facilitator gives every participant the same number of dots.
- The facilitator instructs participants to place their dots beside the items they think are most important to them. They can distribute the dots any way they want (e.g. put all of them on one behavior over time graph or spread dots out across several graphs).
- The facilitator tallies the dots beside each item to create a ranked list of importance.
- Participants have prioritized their choices
- Participants have achieved consensus on the most important items