This script is used to allow the modeling team to share initial impressions of the GMB session, debrief, and provide support to team members for improving GMB practice immediately after a GMB session.
Primary nature of group task
Preparation time: 0 minutes
Time required during session: 45 minutes
Follow-up time: 0 minutes
Detailed agenda of the session
- Debriefer who is skilled at facilitating the group process, who is culturally sensitive, and who is generally only observing the modeling exercise
- The debriefer assembles the modeling team and announces the start of the debriefing session.
- The debriefer reviews the process the team will use to conduct the review.
- The activity begins with a check-in to see how people are doing. This is important regardless of whether the session went well or badly.
- Ask the following questions:
- How are you feeling about how this GMB session went?
- Overall, did we accomplish what the session was designed to do?
- What went well during this session?
- Were there any rough parts for you?
- What did you learn from this session?
- How could the session have been improved?
- The script should result in a stronger, more cohesive team after the debrief and a list of ways to improve the process
Amanda Lavallee, Timothy Hower, and Peter Hovmand, 2010
Created in 2010 in preparation for a GMB workshop with the Buder Center at the Brown School of Social Work, Washington University.
Revised 2013 by Peter Hovmand to reflect current practices.