Saylor.org's English Composition/Academic Writing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Upon successful completion of this unit, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical concepts that underlie academic writing.
- Practice the techniques of written argumentation and persuasion.
- Identify and practice developing the essential components of a written argument.
- Practice techniques for identifying and writing for a specific audience.
- Practice techniques for forming basic persuasive appeals.
- Practice the most common logical structures used in academic writing.
- Practice techniques for identifying and avoiding logical fallacies in persuasive writing.
- Demonstrate competence in various rhetorical strategies and logical structures by developing, analyzing, and revising original essays.