The process by which Thermal Insulation is installed.
Materials[edit | edit source]
- Fiberglass Insulation
- Vapor Barrier
Note: R-13 recommended for exterior walls. R-19 recommended for ceilings.
Suggested Tools[edit | edit source]
- Tape Measure
- Utility Knife
- Dust Mask
- Staple Gun
Note: Only install insulation on exterior walls. Paper side facing the interior of the house.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Measure height of wall or length of ceiling
- Measure and cut length of insulation equal measurement from step 1
- Place cut piece between studs
- Cut around outlets, light-switches, and other fixtures
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each gap between studs throughout house
- Staple all flaps to face of studs
- Staple vapor barrier to face of studs
Note: R-13 Wall insulation is typically produced as a continuous roll. R-19 ceiling insulation is typically produced in 7 ft sections. Multiple pieces may be used to fill a gap. Gaps are typically 15 inches wide.