Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Very rare
- Commonly presents as a gradually enlarging, firm nodule
- >70% located in the head & neck region, especially periorbital
- Spread is to regional lymph nodes
Treatment is largely surgical via wide excision or Mohs. Radiation or topical therapies are sometimes used.
- SEER / Yale (1973-2004) PMID 18988294 -- "A retrospective review of 1349 cases of sebaceous carcinoma." (Dasgupta T, Cancer. 2009 Jan 1;115(1):158-65.)
- 1349 pts. Review of SEER database from 1973-2004. Median age 73 yrs. 5-yr and 10-yr relative survival rate (age-matched): 91.9% and 79.2%. Cancer was cause of death in 31%.