Radiation Oncology/RTOG Trials/9408
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
RTOG 94-08 (PROSTATE)
- Title: A Phase III Trial of the Study of Endocrine Therapy Used As a Cytoreductive and Cytostatic Agent Prior to Radiation Therapy In Good Prognosis Locally Confined Adenocarcinoma of the Prostate
- Objective: To evaluate the potential impact of a combination of Zoladex and Flutamide used as cytoreductive agents prior to undergoing definitive radiation therapy in locally confined carcinomas of the prostate.
- Arm 1: Neoadjuvant TAS 2 months before and during 66.6 Gy RT
- Arm 2: 66.6 Gy RT Alone
- Eligibility: cT1b-T2b, PSA <20, N0M0
- Enroll Target: 1980
- Activation: October 31, 1994
- Closed: April 30, 2001
- ASTRO 2009 - Plenary (Late Breaking; unpublished abstract) - Short term androgen deprivation prior to and during radiation therapy improves overall survival in patients with t1b-t2b adenocarcinoma of the prostate and PSA ≤ 20: initial results of RTOG 94-08 (Christopher Jones)
- Bruner D, Scott C, McGowan D, et al.: Validation of the sexual adjustment questionnaire (SAQ) in prostate cancer patients enrolled on Radiation Therapy Oncology Group studies 90-20 and 94-08. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 42(suppl 1): A156, 202, 1998.
- Bruner D, Scott C, McGowan, et al.: Factors influencing sexual outcomes in prostate cancer patients enrolled on radiation therapy oncology group studies 90-20 and 94-08. Proceedings of the International Society for Quality of Life Research 7: 575, 1998.