Radiation Oncology/IMRT/IMRT Technical
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This page is about technical concepts related to intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). Information pertaining to clinical results of IMRT should go elsewhere.
- U Washington PMID 15774592 -- Automatic selection of non-coplanar beam directions for three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy. (2005 Meyer J, Br J Radiol. 2005 Apr;78(928):316-27.)
- Algorithm that automatically searches all permitted beam directions
- Conclusion: "For the clinical cases the plans based on optimized beam directions were simpler and resulted in better sparing of critical structures compared with plans based on manual angle selection. The approach provides a practical alternative to elaborate and time consuming beam angle optimization schemes and is suitable for routine clinical usage."
Optimizing leaf sequence
- Beavis, 2001 - PMID 11580181 — "Optimization of the step-and-shoot leaf sequence for delivery of intensity modulated radiation therapy using a variable division scheme."
- U. Michigan, 2002 - PMID 11955726 — "Is uniform target dose possible in IMRT plans in the head and neck?" Vineberg KA et al. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002 Apr 1;52(5):1159-72.