Programming for the consultant/Approaching A New Code Base
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Start with the acceptance tests to understand the features
- Checkout the build file. Run the build to check the health of it
- Sketch class diagrams (or reverse engineer from code)
- Look at the main domain objects and what they do
- Take a vertical slice. Select a main feature and see how it works from the front to back end.
- Look at the source code repository, specifically at files that have changed the most. Checkout the log messages as well