Overview[edit | edit source]
This chapter introduces arrays, which may be referred to as lists in some programming languages. Arrays are used for data structures and are able to store an arrangement of elements. Various versions of arrays will be introduced for use in different scenarios. All arrays will be the same data type and capable of working with functions and other variables, as we will learn throughout the chapter.
Chapter Outline[edit | edit source]
- Arrays and Lists
- Index Notation
- Displaying Array Members
- Arrays and Functions
- Math Statistics with Arrays
- Searching Arrays
- Sorting Arrays
- Parallel Arrays
- Multidimensional Arrays
- Dynamic Arrays
- Code Examples
- Practice: Arrays
Learning Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Understand key terms and definitions.
- Identify static and dynamic arrays and the code structures necessary to process each type.
- Identify single-dimension arrays and multi-dimensional arrays and the code structures necessary to process each type.
- Given example pseudocode, flowcharts, and source code, create a program that uses arrays or lists to solve a given problem.