|Description||Dual 4-Input NOR Gate|
The 4002 is a member of the 4000 Series CMOS range, and contains two independent NOR gates, each with four inputs. The pinout diagram, given on the right, is the standard four-input CMOS logic gate IC layout:
- Pin 7 is the ground supply (GND)
- Pin 14 is the positive supply (VDD)
- Pins 2-5 and 9-12 are gate inputs for the two gates
- Pin 1 and 13 are gate outputs
- Pin 6 and 8 are not connected
The truth table for one of the two gates is shown below. For more information about the NOR gate in general, see this module.
Truth Table for a Single Gate
This chip is different in pinout to the TTL 7425, but can fulfill its function if the wiring is modified.