Phabricator Administrator's Handbook/Herald
Herald is a Phabricator component designed to trigger actions if some rules are matched.
Read the Herald Official Documentation to learn some basic characteristics.
Here some frequently asked behaviors.
Block a commit
Herald can be configured to block a commit before reaching your repository. For example it be useful to:
- avoid to accidentally disclosure sensitive data (SSH private keys, API tokens, etc. you know)
- avoid to accidentally version binary files (
- respect some policies, like blocking short commit messages
Herald types suitable for this kind of rules:
Commit Hook: Commit Content: can react on commit message and contents etc.
Commit Hook: Branches/Tags/Bookmarks: for other cases, the origin of the request etc.
Run a Build Plan
- The Herald component can be found searching Herald in the Phabricator search box or visiting
- "Block short commit message with Herald regex". Phabricator Discussion forum. https://discourse.phabricator-community.org/t/block-short-commit-message-herald-regex/3573.