Jump to navigation Jump to search
Before you get into planning a Blitz, maybe take a look at reports of past blitzes to get ideas:
Summary of the stages[edit | edit source]
- Download the full book (PDF)
- Download the full book (editable)
- Order a printed book ($--)
Are you ready?[edit | edit source]
Stuff about how to find, join, or form a PermaBlitz posse. DO you have ideas for your project? How are you designing? Budgeting.. documenting..
6 weeks out, needs analysis[edit | edit source]
- Pick a date for your Permablitz
- At this stage you should arrange a consultation with a Permaculture designer to work out needs, wants and capabilities. This is best done by organising a site analysis by Permaculture designer. It is also important at this stage to give the designer a budget range so that they design your garden accordingly
4 weeks out, design[edit | edit source]
- At this stage you should get back to the Permaculture designer in order to view and discuss their design for your garden. You will need to finalise this design and make sure it integrates all of your needs and wants
2 weeks out, preparation and organisation[edit | edit source]
- Create a list of all the materials and resources that you will need.
- Stuff for kids?
- Begin the promotion of your Permablitz
- Start to grow seedlings to plant on the day
- Ask your designer to draw you up a design that is easy to read and understand so that you will be able to successfully create your permagarden
Permablitz[edit | edit source]
- Weed and Clear
- Create Garden beds
- Mulch and compost
- Have a good time!
After[edit | edit source]
- Make sure to thank everyone who helped with your Permablitz
- Possibly arrange a follow up consultation with your Permaculture designer 1‐6 months after your Permablitz to make sure your garden is functioning to its full extent